📡 Fri 13 May 2011: The Guardian > There's A Devil On The Loose! He said he had spoken to an English couple who were in the shop at around 10.30am when the incident happened. - #Spain

 Giles Tremlett in Madrid 
and Karen McVeigh
Fri 13 May 2011 15.09 EDT

"They said this guy just walked in, pulled a big knife and started stabbing at her."

He added: "I didn't see the attack but I saw the guy. I was walking past the commercial centre and I saw a small group of people outside. There was a guy from the medical centre going down the ramp and I thought perhaps someone had fainted.

"I heard people shouting and screaming and making a commotion. A Hispanic looking guy, very scruffy, was walking behind me muttering to himself, carrying what I thought was a joke head by the hair, with blood.

"It made me think of Clash of The Titans, gorgons. I thought … it's a joke'. The man was in his late 20s … He was a bit dishevelled, unwashed, he was wearing a jumper and trousers, when everyone else is wearing shorts. Even at 10.30 in the morning, it's boiling."
-

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post