🛒 July 13, 2023: Independent > Accepting this kind of excuse – that it was a “joke” – undermines all survivors of sexual assault. - #Italy

 July 13, 2023

The victim in this incident, it has been reported, now regrets going to the police – and I don’t blame her. Sometimes it’s easier to live in silence than deal with the trauma of testifying against an assailant who will likely get let off with an acquittal.

If anything below 10 seconds is seen as viable, then what we might see now is a slew of “fast gropers”, a dangerous precedent that will disproportionately affect women.

The only five or 10-second rule I’m willing to stand for is whether I can eat food that’s fallen on the floor. Though, thanks to this Italy court case, the only thing I’m picking up from the floor right now is my jaw.
-

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post